Live lessons, with live instructor and Discord server for live chat and questions
Develop in Unity and code with C# like professionals do. Use leading game development environment Unity and Visual Studio.
Accomplish the course and get you valuable certificate and portfolio of self-made games.
3 months, 2 times per week (Monday and Thursday) at 18:00, 1.5 hours each. Total 32 hours of live sessions and unlimited support during the course.
- June 8, 18:00 - Getting used with the editor FREE PREVIEW
- June 11, 16:00 - Using the terrain FREE PREVIEW
- June 15, 18:00 - Making player controller FREE PREVIEW
- June 18, 16:00 - Jumping FREE PREVIEW
- June 22, 18:00 - Mouse look part 1 FREE PREVIEW
- June 25, 16:00 - Mouse look part 2
- June 29, 18:00 - Different collider types: Box, Sphere, Capsule
- July 2, 16:00 - Collision detection + Particle effects
- July 6, 18:00 - Spawning objects
- July 9, 16:00 - Spawning prefabs and destroying them
- July 13, 18:00 - What is Raycast
- July 16, 16:00 - Using Raycast in scripts
- July 20, 18:00 - Different Joint tools
- July 23, 16:00 -Using Hinge joint, Spring joint in game
- July 27, 18:00 - Timers
- July 30, 16:00 - Coroutines
- August 3, 18:00 - Introduction to User interface
- Basic UI manipulation with scripts
- Change and manipulate skybox settings
- Looking into materials and textures
- Design a simple obstacle
- Adding functionality to an obstacle
- Wrap up - Final changes and polishing and fixing
- Wrap up - Building and publishing the game
Will lessons be live or recorded?
The lessons will be delivered in real-time by the live tutor and allow the participant to ask questions and get answers, as well as receive online consultation. Also after each lesson registered students will have access to videos recordings of that and all previous lessons. Video recordings will be available for 1 year from the first curse enrollment.
Do you provide discounts?
Yes! You get special price if you are Datorium student (ask for your discount in Discord #support channel or DM). Or you can get 17% off from the whole course price if you make one-time payment. In all cases you have 100% money back guarantee, if you change your mind during the first 2 weeks (first 4 lessons)!
Which game will be created during the course?
Each student will create own 3D game and will publish in internet in the popular game hosting platform (itch.com).
What will participant learn?
By the end of the course you will be able to create simple but nice looking 3D and 2D games. You will know: Unity editor; C# scripting; terrain design; player controller; lighting techniques; collision fundamentals; object spawning; joints; raycast; user interface creation; skybox; obstacle design and logic. In one words you will have all fundamental skills to create your own virtual world and share it with everyone in internet.
What is C# language?
C # is a modern programming language that includes the best of C ++ and Java. Today it is one of the most powerful, most used and fast-growing programming languages. Using C# one can develop Windows, Mac, Linux applications, build powerful mobile applications, and C# is the native programming language of Unity engine. More information on language ratings can be found here: https://pypl.github.io/PYPL.html and https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index
Will you issue a certificate?
Yes, indeed, if participant follows at least 80% of the curriculum, and performs a test at the end of the course. Certificate will be issued by the "European Coding School" - an official Education Institution licensed by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Latvia.